Flutter Support

Hey everyone,

So Flutter seems to be gaining a lot of traction and they’ve recently started beta support for web. Would it be possible for Netlify to support their flutter build web command?

1 Like

hi simeon9696, possibly! Are the packages available via npm or something like that?

Hi Perry, no they’re on a completely different platform, pub.dev. If you have some time you can probably take a look at the install guide? You basically clone a respository, install the Android SDK, enable web support and that’s it. It’s easy on a regular desktop but I’m not sure how it’ll work out for you guys.

Hey Simeon,

Does this guide help at all? :smile:

Update: 6th Jul 2020 – this guide may not offer accurate or working advice (published by a third party).

1 Like

This is amazing! I had no idea you could do that to a build command. Thank you!

Hi there ! This guide no longer works! I rolled back a whole week before realizing this was the issue!

Hi, @geneyllanes, thank you for the update about that article not working for you.

That Medium article wasn’t written by someone at our company. You might considered contacting the article author and asking them to update it.

If there are any questions, please let us know.

Yes! May you instruct me on how to properly host a Flutter Web project?

hey @geneyllanes - that is a little bit outside of what we are capable of advising on as support staff - tbqh some of this more cutting edge stuff is more the purview of our Developer Experience team that spends some of their time working on prototyping and R&D (research and development).

I will make a note to reach out to that team and let them know there is some interest in supporting this more officially.

In the mean time, if you do find or create resources that would be helpful for others, please do share them here!

Hey @geneyllanes did you find a solution?

This guide helped here using the Peanut package

Simeon, found the solution ! Here is the document I wrote up, it’s in the form of a blog post and the blog isn’t ready yet. Thought I would share it with you anyways so you can get moving on Flutter Web too !

2 Likes

omg this is super exciting!!

1 Like

@geneyllanes Thanks for taking the time to do this! I really appreciate it!

2 Likes