Failing when reconnecting to tunnel server

Using a netlify-cms create-react-app example: GitHub - ADARTA/netlify-cms-react-example: NetlifyCMS bootstrapped from create-react-app using netlify-cms-proxy-server in development

Error:

time="2019-04-09T14:25:57-07:00" level=info msg="Reconnecting to tunnel server"
time="2019-04-09T14:26:12-07:00" level=info msg="finished client unary call" error="rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Unknown session" grpc.code=Unknown grpc.method=Register grpc.service=tunnel.Tunnel grpc.time_ms=56.767 span.kind=client system=grpctime="2019-04-09T14:26:12-07:00" level=fatal msg="can not register client" error="rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Unknown session"

Leaves the server spawns running also, so the next time running the command the ports are already in use.

To use

• fork/clone the repo
  • yarn
  • netlify dev --live

I don’t expect everything to run on this live tunnel because the netlify-cms-backend-fs is going to be served at the localhost:3000/api endpoint, but thought it would be good to let the devs take a look at it. When the react-scripts build command runs, the setupProxy.js configuration is applied for the devServer in webpack.

System

• windows 10
  • node 8.12.0
  • npm 6.5.0
  • windows powershell (not bash)

Great job on netlify dev everyone! :heart:

hey talves!! so with netlify dev, you can simply delete setupProxy.js :slight_smile: because we proxy your react-scripts devserver ANYWAY and add our functions on top

i’ll try out your repo

hmm… seems to run fine

definitely take out setupProxy tho

It is a middleware setup for the backend file-system api for the netlify-cms-backend-fs but I appreciate the sentiment. Taking it out is not really something that would work for this example.

It runs fine at first. The issue is it breaks out and errors on the tunnel. Like I said, not sure this is going to be solved, but there for you guys to take a look at if you think there might be a solution.

1 Like

sounds like it might be a good idea to file an issue, here is the repo: GitHub - netlify/netlify-dev-plugin: Local dev server with functions, rules engine and add-on support

I think an issue may be premature at this point until things calm down and I understand the setup of netlify dev first.

1 Like

good instinct, thank you talves

1 Like