Error renewing SSL certificate

Hi!

I configured my site to use Netlify DNS for my custom domain, and it worked well for quite a while. The set up was done months ago.

Now it’s having issues renewing the certificate (it says the challenge fails), and I’m not sure what to do. I tried the steps suggested in the troubleshooting guide, but they haven’t worked, so now I get warnings when accessing the site :frowning:

Anyone able to help? Thanks!

What’s the sitename, please?

It’s https://influencingmachine.org.uk/

Thanks.

You have configured, but are not using our DNS:

Please click on the teal “Netlify DNS” button on your domain settings page, which will take you to our DNS settings page. Delete the DNS Zone, since you are not using it. Then you can renew your certificate. When you have our DNS configured, the way we try to get a certificate won’t work in case you don’t ACTUALLY use our DNS.

I’ll give this a try.

What is confusing me is that this has worked in the past, and I followed all the instructions to use Netlify DNS (setting up the domain’s nameservers to point to Netlify).

When the issues started I did double check the domain settings and they were still pointing to Netlify.

Thanks for looking into this :slightly_smiling_face:

I understand that you tried to configure that, but you did not complete the configuration as I mentioned - you aren’t using our DNS hosting, and configuring it is a change I think you made since the last SSL renewal which was made in the “we’re not hosting your DNS” way :slight_smile:

Here’s where I see you are not using our nameservers; they are not set at your registrar to the ones shown in our UI on the page I mentioned:

$ whois influencingmachine.org.uk

Domain name:
        influencingmachine.org.uk

Data validation:
        Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 17-Oct-2017

Registrar:
        Heart Internet Ltd t/a Heart Internet [Tag = HEARTINTERNET]
        URL: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 17-Oct-2017
        Expiry date:  17-Oct-2020
        Last updated:  22-Nov-2019

Registration status:
        Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
        ns.heartinternet.uk
        ns2.heartinternet.uk      79.170.43.3

Ah, interesting. I’ll get in touch with their support, cause this is what I see:

Thanks again for checking this :slightly_smiling_face: