Error message: "DNS verification failed" when managing domain

Hello!

I just tried adding custom domain to my site but the HTTPS section under ‘Domain management’ says:

DNS verification failed
rootkea.me doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify

But I have already added Netlify nameservers to my registrar 3 days ago. Is this because I had set up DNSSEC with Cloudflare? My registrar still has that entry and rootkea.me | DNSViz shows multiple errors which make my doubt stronger.

Please help.

Thanks!

Hello!

Yes, you’ll need to contact Cloudflare to find out how to disable DNSSEC. We don’t support DNSSEC when hosting your DNS with us.

But I also noticed a small issue with your DNS records. You have an alias on your www to rootkea.gitlab.io. You’ll want to remove that record before the SSL certificate can be issued.

Let us know if that helps!

1 Like

Done! And just saw that SSL/TLS certificate has been provisioned by Netlify. :slight_smile: Thank you!

We don’t support DNSSEC when hosting your DNS with us

Nooo! Why not? Everybody deserves secure DNS! I expect more from Netlify. :slight_smile: Guess I need to open a feature request.

Done! Feature requests - what do you already love, what could be better? - #26

1 Like

Would this be the case even for subdomains like functions.netlify.domain.com, where domain.com is on Cloudflare and has DNSSEC enabled? My knowledge of DNSSEC is rather poor, so, I am not sure whether DNSSEC is something that concerns all the domains, or just the root.

SSL is already issued. Disabling DNSSEC probably helped. :white_check_mark:

1 Like