DNS Zone Conflict

Background: Successfully deployed a site (kevinhermancreative.com) using my domain registered with goddady.com. Foolishly deleted the site then re-deployed it only to receive the “Awaiting External DNS” under the Domain Management. Tried selecting Setup Netlify DNS and received the A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1, the DNS provider backing Netlify DNS when trying to Add DNS. Selected the Netlify Support link to open a request and was told that either some other company has already configured a DNS zone for this domain at NS1 or a zone has previously existed on Netlify. In either of these cases, a new zone cannot be created. What I don’t understand is the zone file has to exist on Netlify as eveything worked perfectly prior to me deleting my site, there’s no other company that could have configured it.

What I have tried to do is reset my DNS Records at godaddy in hopes that it would revert the zone file - though I’m not entirely sure how this all works. Below is the current godaddy.com DNS record.

Following is a screenshot of my current Netlify Production Domains.

After resetting the goddady DNS I keep running into the same issues above. I guess my question is, in laymen terms, how can I get this resolved?

site: kevinhermancreative.netlify.app
url: kevinhermancreative.com
dns host: godaddly

Duplication / continuation of Awaiting External DNS - Deleted site but Deployed it again using same domain and nameservers

You would have done better to continue posting on your previous topic above.

You are seeing Awaiting External DNS because you having added the required records to use your domain with Netlify. Read through the following documentation

Hi, I see you had a duplicate post. I will follow up on your post.