Custom domain isn't available (falsely marked as owned by another Netlify team)

Hey everybody!

I’m currently trying to connect a client’s Netlify deploy to his (custom) domain. Previously, the connection was managed by another IT service provider who set up the connection on his (instead of the client’s) account.

I asked him to undo the link of the deploy on his account to the clients domain, which he did - still, I’m not able to link the domain, since Netlify tells me that the domain is managed by Netlify DNS on another team, which is not the case anymore.

The Netlify site name is: glofca-ad.netlify.app (website works fine here)
Short note: the Netlify site name is supposed to be glofca.netlify.app, but Netlify tells me that the site name is taken, which isn’t the case anymore either.

The custom domain where it should point to is: glofca.org

I have already processed the respective DNS changes (CNAME records) in the hosting cPanel.

I have also added the TXT record mentioned in the support guide related to domain linking problems to the domain glofca.org

I would really appreciate your guys’ help! Please let me know if you need any additional information from my side.

Thanks a ton in advance.

All the best,

Jon

hi,

Thank you for going ahead and setting that up! Could you please add this post number to that recordi? It should be 95731

the txt record should be for verified-for-netlify.glofca.org

Hey,

thank you for your reply.

I added the record as requested:

Hi @vitamin13,

The domain has been removed from the other account.

Thank you so much!

Everything is now working as it is supposed to. :slight_smile: