Cache issue on Netlify?

Hi, @glorifiedmonkey. As I commented on the other topic , there are two different types of caching being discussed here. Those two types of caches are:

• the build cache directory /opt/build/cache
  • caching of old assets on CDN nodes once a new version of the site is deployed

I believe this case is about the second type of caching, not the first. (Please correct me if I am mistaken though.)

The second type of caching shouldn’t occur and there is more about why in this blog post. All deploys are atomic at Netlify and previous versions of a site should be immediately invalided once a new deploy is published (due to the use of the etag HTTP headers as described in the blog post).

If you are being served an out of date asset, the best information we can ask for to troubleshoot is the x-nf-request-id HTTP response header which Netlify sends with every response.

There is more about this header here:

If this header for the incorrect response is not available, the following details are what it replaces and what we would request to troubleshoot further. Would you please send us the details below if the x-nf-request-id header isn’t found for any reason? (If you don’t have all the details, please send what you do have.)

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

To summarize, if an assets shouldn’t occur when a new version of a site is deployed. However, it is possible that this occurred even though it shouldn’t. To find out for certain, we’re happy to research the issue and resolve it (if it is an error at Netlify). In order to troubleshoot it, though, we’ll need the x-nf-request-id header or details above to investigate it further.

If there are any questions about this issue or the reply above, we’re happy to answer those as well.

1 Like