- Netlify site:
- Failing build log link: Netlify App
Hi all, I think Netlify’s build process may not be respecting my bundler version and that’s resulting in it identifying a package (nokogiri) as missing that seems to be present.
Pieces of the puzzle:
2.1.4as the version it’s bundled with.
- Netlify’s build indicates it is using 2.1.4:
Using bundler version 2.1.4 from Gemfile.lock(line 24);
Successfully installed bundler-2.1.4(line 25);
Using bundler 2.1.4(line 48)
- Netlify’s build indicates it is installing nokogiri 1.11.3:
Fetching nokogiri 1.11.3 (x86_64-linux)(line 149);
Installing nokogiri 1.11.3 (x86_64-linux)(line 150)
However, during the Jekyll build command (
jekyll build --future true, line 304) , I see:
/opt/buildhome/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.2/gems/bundler-2.2.15/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:89:in block in materialize': Could not find nokogiri-1.11.3 in any of the sources (Bundler::GemNotFound)
This seems to indicate that Netlify’s build is using bundler 2.2.15 rather than 2.1.4 as I would expect, and as its own build seems to expect.
- What is the best way to resolve this error? Do I absolutely have to update my bundler version?
- In general, do I need to have my site built with a specific version of bundler in order to stay in sync with Netlify requirements? If so, is that listed somewhere, or is there a place I could submit a pull request in order to surface this as a warning?
Thanks in advance for your insight!