Build timeout and node settings

Hello :wave:,

We are enjoying using your services despite some difficulties:

• We are unaware of actualy defined timeout settings for some apps we are dealing with:
    APP ID : 3c1247ce-b681-4bd5-8366-35086fd2590a
    APP ID : f45d380b-8ec3-4c78-b81e-73ad895cc01e
    Could you tell us what are these timeout setting for those apps?

• Could you please tell us if there is a way to acknowledge this information without contacting you?

• Is it possible to duplicate existent Netlify site configuration we own (to garantee same node/npm version between copies)?

Many thanks,
Have a nice day.

hi there :wave:

happy to help with this. looking at these API IDs, the first one has a build timeout of 45 minutes, and the second one has a build timeout of 30 minutes.

The default build time for sites is always 15 minutes, so someone must have reached out to support at some point in the past and asked for a longer build timeout for those two sites.

as far as being able to see this yourself - i don’t think that is possible (yet) - you would have to ask us the way you are right now, i don’t think you can see that in the dashboard.

as far as duplicating the site configuration, any non-default settings that are specific to your site are stored in a few specific files, so you should be able to duplicate those and get the same settings.

those files include the netlify.toml (which most sites have), _rewrites.txt (which only some sites have) and a .nvmrc file if you are using one to set a specific node version, and a few others, depending on your exact configuration.

i can’t say without looking at your repository which files you’ll need to copy, but you should be able to duplicate site settings as long as you are careful about what comes with.

let me know if you need a longer timeout on either of those sites or if you have any further questions!

Thanks for the answers @perry, I will try to add .nvmrc and let you know how it goes.

great. keep us posted. this is the relevant doc that might help:

Hi @perry,

We don’t have complaint anymore.
Your advice led us to eplicit the node version in use.
We did put an .nvmrc file at the root of our project containing only those caracters (one can use any of the node version number) :
v12.18.0
And now we see by the build’s logs that netlify build use the choosen version :
6:54:51 PM: Attempting node version 'v12.18.0' from .nvmrc

I see also in the documentation some interesting features like explicitly use yarn over npm ( NETLIFY_USE_YARN), I’ll give a try to that…

Thanks again!

1 Like

fantastic! glad to hear we were able to help. :+1: