“another site is using this domain” Verifying domain ownership for Netlify production domain

I’m trying to add the domain “chainentities.io” to my site (id: c0ddfca1-8559-4090-b7f3-101e63f6e8b4), but it says this domain is already managed by other Netlify team.

I was using this domain on another Netlify site before but I have removed it from the site, then deleted the site altogether, and removed the custom Netlify DNS from the domain’s Namecheap admin panel (and waited for 48h).

I’m going to add the support TXT record as suggested here.

Hi,

You should be able to use that domain name now.

I was trying to add a custom domain woodbridgeroadpharmacy.co.uk to wbrp.netlify.app but it gives me an error message “one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team” Please help. I have added the support TXT record as suggested.

HI, i have removed the domain from the other account. You can add this to your account.

mine is pst.co.zw
please delete from other account. I have since deleted that account myself, by i still get that error message.

Hi :wave:t6: can you please verify you own the domain by setting a txt record? This is what I see when I search for a record.

host -t txt verified-for-netlify.pst.co.zw  
Host verified-for-netlify.pst.co.zw not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Hello, I too am getting this error. I own this domain, please delete this domain from whatever other account is sitting on it. Thank you!

host -t txt verified-for-netlify.opennebraska.org
verified-for-netlify.opennebraska.org descriptive text "Hello support, please allow Site ID 323570db-c250-44f0-bd45-8437fdac562d to register this domain."

Duplicate of: "another site is using this domain." I have added the requested DNS TXT record

Hi, we have the same issue on our project. We used the lastfarewells.com domain before for our old project. We already removed the domain from our old project and wanted to add the same domain to our new project but I got the same message “another site is using this domain”. Please advise, thank you!

Hi :wave:t6: you need to set a TXT record so I can verify the domain. Can you follow the instructions in this guide and write back when the record is set?

Hi @SamO, we’ve added the TXT record to our domain. Thank you!

Great, you are all set! Let us know if you have any problems adding the domain. You can also delete the TXT record now that you’ve been verified.

1 Like

I had my codingkaro.in the domain in one of my accounts and wanted to use the same in another so I deleted the first account but still the issue that the domain is used by another account persists. Also, I checked my Hostinger account and it does not have any TXT record for verification.

You need to add the TXT verification record @ramverma as outlined in the guide linked below.

@dig
Done and dusted

The domain has been removed from the other account.