[Announcement] Collect Form Data Securely with the VGS Netlify add-on

There is a new Netlify add-on in town from Very Good Security :tada:

The vsg add-on + Netlify Forms provides a new level of data security for your forms. Inherit instant Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and protect personally identifiable information (PII).

Let us know if you have any questions in the thread below!

With the VGS add-on you can secure any number of things including:

• Collect credit card data in a PCI compliant manner
  • Protect personally identifiable information (PII) and healthcare data
  • Store billing details securely
  • Redact function logs

You can install and try it today with the netlify-cli

netlify addons:create vgs

Read about it on the Netlify blog:

Or over on the VGS blog:

For a quick walkthrough and demo checkout this video:

2 Likes

Wow, this is really awesome!

we have known about this for a while and are so excited to hear about what possibilities this will open up for your projects! Thanks for working on this and sharing @DavidWells :pray:

The only request I have is to slow down on the new features, so I have some time to catch my breath. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

ummm let us think about that for a second…

request denied! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi folks! Peter from Very Good Security here.

We’re here for any Netlify users that might have questions about how the VGS add-on works. If you run into any issues or have feature requests, we’d love to hear from you.

Also, a big thank-you to the awesome Netlify team for being great partners. We’re thrilled to be working with you!

2 Likes

Hello Peter, welcome to the Netlify community. VGS looks like a great service. Another arrow in the quiver when hosting sites on Netlify.

Thanks so much @talves. Netlify has built a great platform, and we’re very pleased to be able to contribute. We’d love your thoughts as/when you get a chance to try out the latest add-on.

1 Like

Welcome @Peter-VGS :wave:!

1 Like

@DavidWells the link on the blog for the integration on VGS is incorrect.

Should be: https://www.verygoodsecurity.com/docs/integrations/netlify

@Peter-VGS your link for VGS Collect is incorrect in your docs on the https://www.verygoodsecurity.com/docs/integrations/netlify page

@talves d’oh! thanks for catching that. We’ll fix it asap.

(update: should be fixed now)

2 Likes

Hi all - I know this post is old but I am trying to work with this feature in a simple demo app to test it out but can’t seem to get it to work on a simple Hugo site, despite using every variation I can think of including just directly pasting the form code straight from the VGS docs. Every single time I run either auth or config, I am told that none of the forms on the page have a data-secure attribute. I’ve tried supplying every variation of path to the config, with no success. Any guidance you all can provide would be appreciated.

Hey Brian,

We’re not able to get a demo working either and so I suspect something broke in that integration (and that something is probably on our side - VGS has been great to work with and I doubt this is something they broke), and our teams are investigating. I doubt we’ll get to the bottom of it before next week but we’ll follow up here when we do!

Thanks for looking into it. At least I know it isn’t me :slight_smile:

Hey there, @remotesynth! Didn’t want to leave you hanging – this is still on our radar and we’ll update you when we can!

hey @remotesynth - we haven’t forgotten about this. Hopefully we’ll have a chance to chat more about this next week when some key people are back from PTO. Just wanted to give you an update.

hi again - just an FYI we are still trying to understand what is happening here and why it isn’t working! We’ll update here once we have more information. Sorry to be slow!

Hey team,

Whew, what a ride! I wanted to touch base and let y’all know that the VGS team pushed a fix for this issue. Thank you so much for your patience, all! Please do get in touch if you spot anything awry.