On the 22nd of November 2021, we will be retiring the Analytics v1 endpoint from Netlify’s API.
Neltify’s Analytics dashboard was updated to use the new v2 endpoint on October 27 2021. Details about this change can be found here.
The vast majority of users - those that access your analytics data via the Analytics dashboard in the Netlify app - will not be affected by this change. Your analytics will not break or stop collecting data. However, if you are accessing Netlify’s v1 Analytics endpoint directly, for example through an API, then this deprecation will affect you.
Over the next few weeks, we will be preparing for the deprecation by periodically disabling the v1 service to check for issues. A full list of important dates as we approach deprecation are as follows:
- Oct 27, 2021 - v2 endpoint enabled in the Analytics dashboard for all customers. - DONE
- Nov 9, 2021 - 1-hour v1 endpoints brownout during the day. Any requests to v1 endpoints during that hour will return a 404 with a descriptive message. - DONE
- Nov 16, 2021 - Stop hourly updates to v1 endpoints and backfills for new sites. V1 endpoints will still return data up to this date. - DONE
- Nov 17, 2021 - Full day v1 endpoints brownout. Any requests to v1 endpoints during that day will return a 404 with a descriptive message. - DONE
- Nov 22, 2021 - Deprecate v1 endpoints. Any v1 request after this day will return a 404. - DONE
We will announce any changes to the above dates within this thread.
If you have any follow-up questions or feedback, please share them in the thread below.