›     "status": 422,
 ›     "json": {
 ›       "code": 422,
 ›       "message": "Build is already done"
 ›     }
 ›   }
 ›
JSONHTTPError: Unprocessable Entity

As far as I can tell I have not changed anything with the deployment which has been working fine for several weeks.

I am deploying via netlify-cli using the GitHub action:

netlify/actions/cli@master

What is causing the errors?

hi there, which version of the CLI are you using? we recommend upgrading if you haven’t recently. let us know if that fixes things.

I have the same problem, I use the version netlify-cli/2.68.0

Hi @perry, we’ve got simillar issue. We didn’t change the version of netlify-cli (2.64.1) when the issue starts to happen. Tried to upgrade to version 2.68.0 but still the same, any other suggestion on how we could get it fixed. Thanks

hey there, we are investigating. hang tight, more soon.

1 Like

I just followed the simple step by guide to deploy a REACT app.

Is this still the way to do it?

Since I am getting strange (to me) errors:

C:\dev\twitch2>npm run build

> twitch2@0.1.0 build C:\dev\twitch2
> react-scripts build

Creating an optimized production build...
Compiled with warnings.

src\App.js
  Line 174:8:   React Hook useEffect has a missing dependency: 'updateStatus'. Either include it or remove the dependency array  react-hooks/exhaustive-deps
  Line 265:23:  Expected '===' and instead saw '=='                                                                              eqeqeq
  Line 337:26:  Expected '===' and instead saw '=='                                                                              eqeqeq
  Line 374:34:  Array.prototype.map() expects a return value from arrow function                                                 array-callback-return
  Line 386:36:  Array.prototype.map() expects a return value from arrow function                                                 array-callback-return

Search for the keywords to learn more about each warning.
To ignore, add // eslint-disable-next-line to the line before.

File sizes after gzip:

95.52 KB          build\static\css\2.566584d8.chunk.css
  46.56 KB          build\static\js\2.f2795718.chunk.js
  22.71 KB (-32 B)  build\static\js\main.4610e347.chunk.js
  1.39 KB           build\static\js\3.69504356.chunk.js
  1.17 KB           build\static\js\runtime-main.25c34f8d.js
  1.17 KB           build\static\css\main.d688c777.chunk.css

The project was built assuming it is hosted at /.
You can control this with the homepage field in your package.json.

The build folder is ready to be deployed.
You may serve it with a static server:

npm install -g serve
  serve -s build

Find out more about deployment here:

https://cra.link/deployment

C:\dev\twitch2>netlify deploy
Please provide a publish directory (e.g. "public" or "dist" or "."):
C:\dev\twitch2
? Publish directory C:\dev\twitch2\build
Deploy path: C:\dev\twitch2\build
Deploying to draft URL...
√ Finished hashing 123 files
/ CDN diffing files... »   Warning: JSONHTTPError: Build is already done 422
 »   Warning:
 »   {
 »      "name": "JSONHTTPError",
 »      "status": 422,
 »      "json": {
 »        "code": 422,
 »        "message": "Build is already done"
 »      }
 »   }
 »
- CDN diffing files...JSONHTTPError: Unprocessable Entity
    at parseResponse (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/methods/response.js:12:11)
    at async callMethod (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/methods/index.js:36:26)
    at async module.exports (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/deploy/index.js:92:14)
    at async NetlifyAPI.deploy (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/index.js:93:12)
    at async runDeploy (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/src/commands/deploy.js:222:15)
    at async DeployCommand.run (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/src/commands/deploy.js:422:21)
    at async DeployCommand._run (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:43:20)
    at async Config.runCommand (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/config/lib/config.js:172:9)
    at async Main.run (C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/main.js:22:9)

The app works ok in the development server localhost:3000, running npm on windows 10, but I get deployment errors in the netlify dashboard.

hi there, i am moving this post to a different thread as you are all having the same issue, we are currently investigating.

Yes, but to build a React app you need to fix the errors from the console. You have to extend the useEffect hook in the array and do the rest until there are no more errors in the console.

Confirmed that we are on 2.68.0 and having the same problem. This is a killer — if we can help diagnose please don’t hesitate to reach out.

hey there, we’ve identified the problem and rolled back some code a few minutes ago - if you can all try and see if the error persists, that would be very helpful!

1 Like

Site name: cmi-www

Preview deploy worked fine. I upgraded netlify-cli and made a simple change to text on the site and tried a production deploy which failed with this message:

λ ~/Projects/cmi/site/cmi-www/ master* netlify deploy --prod -d _site -m “lht question edits”
Deploy path: /Users/rmercer/Projects/cmi/site/cmi-www/_site
Configuration path: /Users/rmercer/Projects/cmi/site/cmi-www/netlify.toml
Deploying to main site URL…
:heavy_check_mark: Finished hashing 4851 files
o CDN diffing files… › Warning: JSONHTTPError: Build is already done 422
› Warning:
› {
› “name”: “JSONHTTPError”,
› “status”: 422,
› “json”: {
› “code”: 422,
› “message”: “Build is already done”
› }
› }

O CDN diffing files…JSONHTTPError: Unprocessable Entity
at parseResponse (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/methods/response.js:12:11)
at runMicrotasks ()
at async callMethod (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/methods/index.js:36:26)
at async module.exports (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/deploy/index.js:92:14)
at async NetlifyAPI.deploy (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/index.js:93:12)
at async runDeploy (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/src/commands/deploy.js:222:15)
at async DeployCommand.run (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/src/commands/deploy.js:422:21)
at async DeployCommand._run (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:43:20)
at async Config.runCommand (~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.17.0/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/config/lib/config.js:172:9)

Thanks for your help!!

The problem is corrected. I noticed that others were having the same problem too. I tried again and the deploy was successful. Thanks!

1 Like

Issue is resolved for me too - thanks.

1 Like