Add subdomain to SSL Cert

Hi,

I’ve followed this guide ([Support Guide] How to use Netlify’s branch deploy feature without Netlify DNS) and I would like if it’s possible to add the subdomain stades.asmontignylesmetz.fr for the site projet-stades.netlify.app ?
Because I have this error: NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Thank you,
Jordan

Hey @jordanc,
To use branch deploys without Netlify DNS, you will need the custom domain asmontignylesmetz.fr to be configured for the site, and then follow the instructions in that guide (deploy the branch stades, create the required DNS record, confirm that the DNS record works, then let us know and we will extend the SSL cert).

On the other hand, if you just want to point stades.asmontignylesmetz.fr to your Netlify site, you can create a CNAME record at your DNS host to do that.

Please let us know if this helps or if you have other questions!

1 Like

Thanks @jen for your answer !

On the other hand, if you just want to point stades.asmontignylesmetz.fr to your Netlify site, you can create a CNAME record at your DNS host to do that.

Yes it’s just that. I’ve created this CNAME record and this works but it’s just the certificate which was wrong. But I forgot to add stades.asmontignylesmetz.fr as a custom domain for the netlify site…

Now it’s works!

The post which helps to resolve, in addition of yours: Host a subdomain on ovh

Thank you !

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear it :slight_smile: