Add ability to opt out of enforced lowercase

I just wanted to add another vote to being able to opt-out of enforced lowercase as discussed in

As that topic got closed

2 Likes

We use Algolia to index a code documentation site we deploy through Netlify. The automatic case conversion is problematic in two different ways:

1. We use code identifiers such as class names in URLs. They are case-sensitive.
  2. We cannot use the Algolia index locally unless we set up the same URL transformation rules Netlify uses. There seems to be no documentation, so it is hard to verify if the search index works.

While I understand the rationale I consider the behavior quite surprising. At a minimum, there should be an option to opt out of the automatic conversion.

1 Like

Hey there, @stvad and @VisionAppster :wave:

Thanks so much for sharing your sentiments here. I appreciate the time you took to start this thread and share your use cases. I have gone ahead and filed an issue with our Product team. I will report back here if or when there are updates to share.

Again, thanks for requesting this. Open dialogue and feedback are part of what make the Netlify Forums great :netliconfetti:

1 Like

I am signing up as I would like this ability to opt out of case sensitive URL’s

3 Likes

Hi, we really desparately need the ability to opt-out of lowercase transform as well, as we use uri’s to query for product slugs that are case sensitive. For a major Australian brand.

I’m not sure how hard this would be to implement or if it has already been done but it would be highly appreciated if this was a user choice thing.

Kindly

Hi @nikolajfrey,

Unfortunately, this behaviour is still the same. We’d update the thread if/when something changes.

2 Likes

Adding my voice here. It’s a real pain you cant opt out of this.

We require entropy in our URL strings for security purposes. I am trying to pretender pages but netliy redirects from my pretender pages to a lower case URL and then this breaks my graphql queries on the page.

So disappointing