Why NONE of my React Js projects uploads on Netlify?

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• we need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot

The better the post - the faster the answer.
I keep on creating new React Js projects but none of them gets uploaded successfully on my Netlify.
How can I fix this?

Hi @MorenaTirana you haven’t provided any details needed as explained in the post boilerplate. We really can’t figure anything out without those details. Will be more than happy to debug with the relevant details :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi & thank you for the reply.
What information should I provide to help you understand my problem?
I keep uploading my React JS files and none of them gets uploaded but all I get is Page not found message.

I also tried to deploy them manually but still doesn’t work.

You can see in your original post the bullet points explaining what is needed :slightly_smiling_face:

This is what is shown.

This is what I am trying to upload

This is what my localhost console says about my React file

What should I do to fix it?

Okay so those logs aren’t too relevant so thats good news. Do you have your repository link so I can have a look at the file structure.

Also, I need a screen shot of your build settings found in the Netlify UI.

Yes, this is the link:

https://loquacious-sfogliatella-1b7fef.netlify.app

Not that one, the link to your github or gitlab repository where your code is stored. Unless you are not using this and instead deploying from Netlify CLI?

my github repository link is:

Great, that helps a lot. I think I know the issue, your code is inside a my-app directory. I’m assuming your build settings do not reflect this.

You can fix this two ways:

1. (recommended) change your repo by committing the code inside the root instead of my-app
  2. Adjust your build settings so that the base directory is my-app

I really would encourage the 1st option since it’s common for non-monolothic repos (repos that have only one website inside) to have the code in the root and not inside unnecessary directories like my-app :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your suggestion but how can I actually make this happen considering that I activate react via “npx create-react-app my-app .” code ?

So you really need to drag all the files inside my-app and drop them into the parent directory (in this case where your .gitattributes is)

Then cd ../ out of your my-app directory and now you can commit the root project :slight_smile:

do you mean the drag & drop in VS Code ?

Because it doesn’t work on GitHub the drag & drop there.

I just uploaded it on Netlify now and it worked. :raised_hands:
Thank You for your support.

1 Like

No worries glad we got it working. Goodluck with your coding journey :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like