Waiting for DNS propagation error

Hello! I´m new into this hosting stuff. I already made my website and bought a domain on the web page. However, I´ve been waiting for more than 24 hours and I still get this message that says: We’ll provision your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically once the DNS configuration for your custom domain is pointing to our servers and the changes have propagated.

Should I wait more hours or is there anything that I’m missing, and it came to my understanding that I shouldnt configure anything on the DNS settings since Netlify does it by itself

Hi, @lrosales, depending on the order of adding the custom domain to the site and registering the domain, you may need to delete the custom domains from the site and add them back again to resolve.

To clarify this works:

• register a custom domain
  • add the custom domain to the site settings (under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains)

However, if you switch that order above, then the domain names must be removed from the Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains and then added back again to resolve.

If this still doesn’t work, please let us know which site this is for (and the custom domain if there is more than one added to the site).