[ Support Guide] How to use the API to increase your site's build time limit

Hi, thanks for writing back in. I have increased your build timeout to 45 minutes. Please re-deploy to see this take effect.

hi guys, im getting the same message when running the updateSite CLI command (JSONHTTPError: Unprocessable Entity), iā€™ve updated my billing account information but still iā€™m not able to run the command using the same syntax as described previously, iā€™ve runned it using batch and windows cmd app.

netlify api updateSite --data ā€˜{ ā€œsite_idā€: ā€œcf19c04d-8d33-4356-91ed-6f082b8d2b51ā€, ā€œbodyā€: { ā€œbuild_timelimitā€: 1800 } }ā€™

Hi, im getting the same problem even after iā€™ve updated my billing information.

Hi, @carlosdelaflor. I believe the attempt to update the billing information was not successful.

There is no billing information present for your account here:

Please make certain there is a valid payment method on file there and then attempt the API call again. If it still doesnā€™t work with a payment method on file, please let us know.

hi Luke, i removed the Credit card info because it was not working, iā€™ve retry again today, placing a valid credit card information and still iā€™m not able to run the command.

$ netlify api updateSite --data ā€˜{ ā€œsite_idā€: ā€œcf19c04d-8d33-4356-91ed-6f082b8d2b51ā€, ā€œbodyā€: { ā€œbuild_timelimitā€: 3000 } }ā€™
Ā» JSONHTTPError: Unprocessable Entity

Hi @luke, iā€™ve added new billing info but still im not able to run the command, could you run the updateSite command for me? want to update the build time parameter to ā€œbuild_timelimitā€: 3600, thanks in advance.

netlify api updateSite --data ā€˜{ ā€œsite_idā€: ā€œcf19c04d-8d33-4356-91ed-6f082b8d2b51ā€, ā€œbodyā€: { ā€œbuild_timelimitā€: 3600 } }ā€™

Hi guys, ive updraded to PRO plan and still getting the same error, am i using a wrong syntax?

As mentioned before, timeouts above 1800 cannot be set by the user.

Hi! Sorry to bother yā€™all, but my build seems to be timing out after just 3 minutes? Building locally works fine. Site id: a08c4c15-faa2-40bc-88e2-29369c6c678a

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi @afl :wave:t6:,

We can definitely bump your build timeout, but youā€™ll need to be on the Pro tier for us to make that change - thatā€™s a requirement that applies to everyone who wants a bigger timeout. You can upgrade to Pro easily through the Netlify UI dashboard.

If you let us know when you have upgraded, we can change the settings for you!

Hi there, can I get my build time inceased to 60mins (3600) for the following site IDs:

e67b8f37-7305-42fb-af75-ae094afc09ad
7fc2e424-56de-472d-b238-0a494b42d534

It doesnā€™t appear that it is possible for me to self serve this via the updateSite API call.

Thanks,

Hi @ardiewen

It looks like you also submitted a help desk ticket about this. Weā€™ll continue to work with you via the ticket.

hi @elden or @luke can also modify my site build time to 1 hour for this site ID: 1e409fda-7551-4425-8217-16e59599230a

Regards

This is done. Please re-deploy.

Hi , I guess is not applied yet because Iā€™m still getting a failure after 15m , can you double check?

@pumasemj Your build did not time out, but failed within 15 minutes due to a different error

@sid.mann really? I thought the problem was due to build time because on local it takes like 20 minutes, so how can I get more details about the build because so far all the details about the issue are what I put in the screenshot.

Hi, @pumasemj. The one way to get more information would be to add additional logging to the build code. You might also run a profiler during the build and then send the profiler logs somewhere for viewing (or dump them to the build logs if they are small enough to do so).

ok Iā€™ve created new thread

Hi, can you please set the timeout for site id 22ce3d55-91d0-4ee7-98cb-5c68f28ac595 to 60 minutes?

Thank you