[Support Guide] Form not showing in Netlify site dashboard

Thanks for your response @fool

I use this call to slack because of issues.
I can’t navigate through previous build because I removed the website and I uploaded it again.

Please take a look at this one : https://wizardly-yalow-5867ac.netlify.com/

My forms looks normal but still no data received…

I looked in the database and can see that we found no form fields at all in your html form at deploy time (both of the forms on that site are the same - have no fields defined in the plain html). Please review this doc, as it describes exactly your problem and how to fix it:

Your submission will work better once the form has a definition that contains the data you send us :slight_smile:

Finally,

I used gulp to split my files and I put every forms into one single html file, it works !

1 Like

Please can you see if i commited any errors? Thank you!

adriano, i responded to your other thread with some suggestions.

1 Like

hello, i receive notification on my mail for submitted form, but the submitted data is not in it

Hey there, @splendidel :wave:

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to Netlify Forums :netliconfetti:

I am sorry you are having trouble getting your forms to work.

This Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support: support-guides

We also recommend trying to search the forums or look at topics tagged Netlify forms if you haven’t already - it’s likely your question was already asked by someone else!

If you are still having problems after reading the above links, please create a new thread and provide more information such as what you have already tried, a link to your live form, any errors or logs from your builds, etc. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone!

I actually got problems with my form, I tried everything what is available for debug, but nothing worked. So this a React App (https://drkeseruklaudia.netlify.app/), if it matters, the build ran on my computer so not a git-netlify build. Here is the code of the form:

<form name="contact v1" method="POST" data-netlify="true" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">
        <input type="hidden" name="form-name" value="contact v1" />
        <p>
          <label>Your Name: <input type="text" name="name v1" /></label>
        </p>
        <p>
          <label>Your Email: <input type="email" name="email v1" /></label>
        </p>
        <p>
          <label>Your Role: <select name="role v1" multiple>
            <option value="leader">Leader</option>
            <option value="follower">Follower</option>
          </select></label>
        </p>
        <p>
          <label>Message: <textarea name="message v1"></textarea></label>
        </p>
        <p>
          <button type="submit">Send</button>
        </p>
      </form>

It is on the top of the page, it will be more bottom, but I actually want to have one working form I will make the rest right.

So the problem is, that I cannot see the form on the dashboard and after clicking on the submit button it throws a 404 error.

Please help me! :slight_smile:

Hi @Manage0

Have you followed the Work with JavaScript-rendered forms documentation by creating a hidden form for Netlify to detect?

<form name="contact v1" netlify netlify-honeypot="bot-field" hidden>
<input type="text" name="name v1" />
<input type="email" name="email v1" />
<textarea name="message v1"></textarea>
</form>

ReactDOM.render(
  <React.StrictMode>
    <App />
  </React.StrictMode>,
  document.getElementById('root')
);

Like this? yes :slight_smile:

What else can gone wrong?

Do you have a git repository you can share?

I deployed the example in the downloadable zip file from How to Integrate Netlify’s Form Handling in a React App and it works perfectly.

If you are using a built React app I have a working example coelmay/netlify-react-contact which is deployed to confident-raman-fc2e11.netlify.app.

I invited you to the repo, The template Form component is defined in the App.js. Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

You still need to put the form in another file, for instance public/index.html or another HTML file inside public so Netlify can detect the form as outlined in Work with JavaScript-rendered forms. You can see an example in the repository I linked to in my previous post.

2 Likes

Uhh, I feel like I was a bit lame :sweat_smile: anyway, it’s working and I cannot be thankful enough for the patience :slight_smile: I will recommend you :slight_smile:

I actually have one update recommendation:

The detection system cannot read non-ASCII characters in the name of the input like: é,á,ő…

Well actually in hungarian they are very common like:

Név - Name
Telefonszám - Phone number
Kérdés - Question

It isn’t a problem in the code, but the fields of the form, what I send in email should be without them so like: Nev, Telefonszam, Kerdes and it doesn’t look good. Can you please ever fix this issue? :slight_smile: I know it’s not a neccessary function, but if the dev team has free time (lol, they won’t have) it is an idea to do :slight_smile: