@gregraven Hi, thanks for your response.
The exact problem is that I have setup a redirection rule that, according to docs, should only trigger if the request URL doesn’t match an existing content in the build. Before that rule the site was working as expected. But once I added the rule I started to get redirected for existing content, only intermittently. So, sometimes I got redirected, sometimes I didn’t and that indicated to me that the files were there, it was the server that was misbehaving.
I followed through some debug steps.
- Made sure Netlify was the one handling my requests
- Checked the actual build content for the files that were being treated as missing, even though I had evidence that they weren’t the problem.
- Reproduced the issue from multiple browser, computer and networks. So I tested and stumbled upon the issue using Chrome, Safari, Firefox, on Window, macOS, and even using
curl from one of my servers (DigitalOcean’s USA3 region).
But due to the erratic behavior of the issue it’s difficult to establish a pattern or even collect evidence.
In any case, @Pie have actually identified an issue with one of the cache nodes, which makes a lot of sense and was one my suspicions from the start. I have had trouble with cache in the past (not on Netlify though), so it’s not my first rodeo.
The issue seemed to have been sorted out until earlier today when it happened again. It’s weird because some computers seem to always or almost always get the issue, but some other rarely do. But then again, it makes sense due to nature of distributed networks.
Above you can find a few request IDs I have taken note. Those were requests that triggered the redirection rule even though the matching content was present in the build files. I checked.
I’m out of ideas from my side, and as Pie have stated, there was an issue with Netlify servers.
If you need anything else let me know.
Thanks again for everything.