Hi, we are going to have a new wordpress website. We currently have the main website (built using jekyll) on Netlify with www.parent.com main domain. We want to have a subfolder path www.parent.com/stepchildren to point to another website built with self-hosted wordpress (stepchildren.parent.com). I have few questions:
- Is this possible, since the other website is on wordpress and not another repo on netlify?
- If answer to question #1 is no, how can we achieve this? any recommendation?
- For SEO purposes, will the proxied wordpress website on www.parent.com/children will be indexed by search engines under the same www.parent.com domain?
The goals are to have both sites with the same domain (not subdomains) and for SEO purposes.
These are some resources that I’m looking at for now
- Rewrites and proxies | Netlify Docs
- [Support Guide] Can I deploy multiple repositories in a single site?
p/s: these are not actual domain names