"Please ask your administrator to reissue Git the Gateway token" error

Hello,

I’m trying to setup a user to access to netlify CMS but somehow everytime I’m finishing up the setup of the user (defining the password), then an error pops up saying: “Please ask your administrator to reissue Git the Gateway token”. What do do ? :exploding_head:

I have setup a site before with CMS netlify and everything worked all fine ! I don’t know what to do. My netlify site is: Netlify CMS | Admin

Thank you for your help !

Hi @anthonysalamin Welcome to the forums

You should be able to reissue a Git Gateway token here:
Site Settings > Identity > Git Gateway > [Edit Settings] > [Generate access token in GitHub]

Hi @kylesloper ,

Thanks alot for lookin into it for me ! :grinning:
I could access the git token and did reissue another one with github as you said but still no luck.
I now have another errror: “Git Gateway Error: [object Object]” ?

Makes me wonder how the netlify CMS trully reliable is ?
I’m testing things around before moving all my websites onto netlify.
Is it because I’m running on the free tier netlify plan ?
Should I wait or clear some cache ?

Here some screenshots:

Can you please link to a repo of this project?

Of course, there you go:

Thank you very much for taking the time, much appreciated !

EDIT: I did check this topic Git Gateway error - #12 by erez but couldn’t find a solution to my issue.

It looks like you haven’t set a branch. NetlifyCMS will default to master but yours is main

backend:
        name: git-gateway
+++     branch: main

Your backend config should look like this.

1 Like

It works ! :hugs:

Thank you so much for having taken the time to go through the code for me !

Really appreciate !

1 Like

Hi @kylesloper ,

I’m sorry to bother you again…
It was working all fine yesterday, today I have again the same error:
“Git Gateway Error: Please ask your site administrator to reissue the Git Gateway token.”

My GitHub repo triggered a new netlify build, does that mean my Git Gateway toeken has expired and I have to reissue one every time a build is being done ?

Every time a user will work on the netlify CMS will trigger a new netlify build, does that mean he/she will have to ask me to emit a new Git Gateway token again ?

Thank you so much for your vluable insights !
Anthony

You can also specify a custom API token in Git Gateway settings in Netlify UI. That can give you more control over when the token expeires.

1 Like