Not able to find a way to set the Sensitive variable policy

This section of the document says about setting the Sensitive variable policy: Build environment variables | Netlify Docs.

It says we can do it this way,

" You can change this policy at any time in Site settings > Build & deploy > Environment > Sensitive variable policy .’

However I am not able to find the “Sensitive variable policy” option under, *Site settings > Build & deploy > Environment. Please help.

My app: Netlify App

Does this take you there? :slight_smile: - https://app.netlify.com/sites/samvahana/settings/deploys#environment

I can see this for my site:

1 Like

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for your response. I get the page not found when following the link you have specified.

However, this link takes me to the section to define ENV Variables(that I have done already): Netlify App

I still do not see the sections to add the ‘Sensitive Variable Policy’. Is it something not available with the Free Plan as I am on it?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
-Tapas

Hi, @atapas. That is a setting to protect sites linked to public repositories. Your site doesn’t have that option because the repo is private.

If there are other questions, please let us know.

2 Likes

Thanks Luke!. I see that now… Maybe this information can be in documentation too? That it is available only for public repos. I have marked your response as a Solution.