Next.js 14 Upgrade Results in 500 Status Code

How is the beta progressing? Any updates on a potential timeline to see a release? It has cost our team more in labor working around these issues than several years of hosting with Netlify. It has been a distraction (budget sink) from delivering features for our clients. It is hurting Netlify’s reputation with our clients and our team. It would be nice to have an update.

1 Like

I understand the frustration caused by this. I want to assure you that our team is actively working on the release candidate version, and we anticipate releasing having that version within this month. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and continued support.

Any updates you can share with us?

Release candidate is dropping next week.

4 Likes

any updates on when we can expect a release?

I provided an update 14 days ago. Official announcement will follow when it’s released. If waiting is not an option for you, feel free to check out NPM: @netlify/plugin-nextjs - npm (npmjs.com)

2 Likes

tentatively looks like this is the solution to the problem

Use Vercel guys. ~$3bn company can’t even resolve a fundamental issue in one of the most widely used frameworks :clown_face:

:point_right:t2: Hi folks,
a new major version (v5) of our Next.js Runtime is rolling out soon to all sites using Next.js 13.5+.

Starting today, you can already opt-in to use this version for your site, before the automatic rollout starts.

This version has full support for all Next.js functionality. We are constantly testing it using both the official suite of Next.js tests and our own end-to-end tests. Multiple past issues are resolved, including the one in this thread.

To opt-in:

1. Please ensure you’re using Next.js 13.5+ (that includes 14.x ofc) and Node.js 18+ in your build settings.
  2. Opt-in from your Netlify site’s Deploys page. The new runtime should apply from the next deploy.

2 Likes

Confirmed working on our prod, we where able to remove our include_files “hack”