Netlify is randomly deleting my deploy keys

I’m using Netlify API to create and deploy sites on-demand. All deployments use a private Github repository.

I followed the API docs and created a deploy key in order to be able to deploy from private repos:

POST https://api.netlify.com/api/v1/deploy_keys

Then I put the result of this request into my createSite request:

{
	"name": "some-test",
	"custom_domain": "test.mydomain.com",
	"repo": {
		"id": 346282263,
		"provider": "github",
		"deploy_key_id": "6091fd20cc315815171be1e5",
		"repo_path": "org/private-repo",
		"repo_branch": "main",
		"public_repo": false
	}
}

However after a few deployments, my deploy key is deleted for some reason and off-course, any future deployment fail because of this. I made sure to do a check with:

GET https://api.netlify.com/api/v1/deploy_keys

I can see that my deployment key 6091fd20cc315815171be1e5 is no longer there.

I don’t know what’s going on and Netlify doesn’t give any hints.

Hey there, @Wdotis :wave:

Thanks for reaching out and for your patience here. I am sorry to hear that you are encountering an issue! A couple of questions for you:

1. Can you share the Netlify team name or site ID that this is impacting?
  2. Has this been an ongoing issue, or did it just begin?
  3. Have there been any changes since you shared this last week?

Just wanted to check to see if you have any updates on this thread. Let us know!

Hey @hillary,

Thanks for following up.

1. I’ve sent a PM with team name and more details
  2. Yes it is ongoing issue, still happens systematically

Thanks for following up! We don’t typically provide support via DM, as we want to make the Forums a place where threads can be beneficial for a wide variety of members.

That being said, I hear that some folks don’t want to share information publicly. The good news is that I have taken a look at your account, and it looks like the team name you messaged me is a Pro level team. This means you have access to our Helpdesk for support conversations. I have gone ahead an opened a Helpdesk ticket for you, so please stay tuned to your email!