Netlify Forms - JSON Schema for Web Hooks

I’ve just added Netlify forms to my website, I am testing it all out before I start paying for the service.

I am using the same HTML form on multiple pages, this appears to work just fine which is great. Saves me having to repeat code etc.

My only issue that I am can’t answer is the web hook notification. I am using Microsoft Flow which then handles the request and puts it where I need it so it can be actioned by the sales team. I couldn’t get a schema for the JSON so I fired a request off and captured the JSON it sent, made the schema from that.

However, I have an odd issue. When sending from my desktop the web hook triggers and everything springs into action instantly. Use a mobile device the web hook never fires, so I can’t see the schema that was sent to debug.

There is limited error logs on Netlify site too, it states it received a 400/500 response, so something is different with the JSON schema for a mobile device no idea what though.

So my question is simple is the webhook based on the exact same schema for each and every request sent via Netlify web hook?

Feature request would be to output the response from the error so a person can debug instantly see what the issue is. If you take github webhook as an example, you can see the response/request if an issue occurs.

Thanks

Edit: to clarify I mean when the form is filled out by a mobile device user and submitted. It comes across differently to a desktop form submission. It’s an odd thing.

Hey there, @liam2

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I can absolutely send your feature request feedback to our product team.

In terms of debugging your forms, this Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. Please start here and work through these resources!

If you are still having problems, please provide more information such as a your form name as it exists in the UI as well as a link to your live form. :slight_smile: