My site has HTTPS enabled, but sometimes the non-secure site is loaded

Hi. My domain is nasciturus.ar. It is posible right now to access my site both through HTTP and HTTPS, and sometimes the browser loads the non-secure site by default.

I think by default all the HTTP requests should be redirected to HTTPS, so this is probably an error. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi, @andresb. Our hosting won’t serve your site via HTTP only. It will only redirect to HTTPS if an HTTP request is made. There is no setting to enable this behavior. This is always what we do by default.

My best guess would be that time to live (TTL) values in your previous DNS records are causing your domain to sometimes be directed to a different service.

If that is the root cause, this will stop happening when the previous DNS record you created expire from DSN resolver caches.

Now, is it hypothetically possible our service returned an non-SSL response? Yes, it is possible but I consider it very unlikely.

If you do believe the response is coming from Netlify, please send us the x-nf-request-id HTTP response header which we send with all HTTP response.

There more information about this header here:

If that header isn’t available for any reason, please send the information it replaces (or as many of these details as possible). Those details are:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

To summarize, I’m guessing that TTL values are causing you to still be redirected to another service sometimes. To find out for sure, please send the troubleshooting information above and we will be happy to take a closer look.

I changed the DNS records 7 hours ago. I will wait.

Thank you!