Manage builds on projects with multiple languages

• I am currently working on a project that uses both python and NodeJS at different places. The doc part of the project was built to be by VuePress and hosted on netlify. Unfortunately netlify crashes on the build process giving some error caused by trying to find the python dependency.
2:40:11 AM: Preparing Git Reference refs/heads/master
2:40:11 AM: Starting build script
2:40:11 AM: Installing dependencies
2:40:11 AM: /usr/local/bin/run-build-functions.sh: line 170: /opt/buildhome/pythonpython-3.6.9/bin/activate: No such file or directory
2:40:11 AM: Error setting python version from runtime.txt
2:40:12 AM: failed during stage 'building site': Build script returned non-zero exit code: 1
2:40:11 AM: Please see https://github.com/netlify/build-image/#included-software for current versions
2:40:11 AM: Error running command: Build script returned non-zero exit code: 1
  • How is it possible to force netlify to only consider the nodejs part of the project and not worry about the python part?

Hey @brookmg, I’d suggest putting your docs on their own branch and only deploying that branch on Netlify. Here are our docs on setting that up:

Let us know how it goes and if we can help further.

1 Like

Thanks @jen for the reply. I managed to solve this problem by using github actions. The generation of the static site is done on github after each commit on master so netlify is not required todo the building process.

1 Like

awesome. thanks for sharing your approach. GitHub actions are really useful for this kind of thing.