I really need help renewing my SSL certificate

Hi, @SC2026, jargon understood or not, you did it correctly. :smiley:

There is a haiku about DNS (I wish I knew who to attribute it to):

Itā€™s not DNS
There is a no way itā€™s DNS
It was DNS

Poetry aside, the siteā€™s SSL is working now when I test:

Often when DNS records are changed there are delays in those changes taking effect due to the time to live (TTL) values in the previous DNS records (not the current records).

I did still need to click the ā€œRenew certificateā€ button here:

When I did so the SSL certificate was provisioned and now the site is working. This SSL certificate will continue to update automatically as long as the current DNS settings remain unchanged.

There is one last question I have for you: Did you have email setup for votebetter.app? (I ask because this domain isnā€™t configured for email at this time and I want to make sure that is okay.)

For example, emails being sent to/from name@votebetter.app? This support guide might help if you had email working before. (If you didnā€™t have email configured for this custom domain, please ignore this.)

What if you wanted to add email service even if you didnā€™t before? We donā€™t provide emails services but nothing prevents using a third-party email service. We have a support guide about that as well.

I did want to point out one thing. My instructions above about two DNS records (an A record and a CNAME record) are the external DNS instructions. The method you used was the Netlify DNS instructions.

The Netlify DNS instructions were done correctly. I just wanted to be clear why your solution and mine differed.

To summarize, the DNS and SSL are both working now. If there are other questions, please let us know.