How to invite users?

Hi

I have deployed a netlify instance with invite only login and github oauth also.

I was curious, how exactly do I invite users and give them access to the netlifycms admin panel?

I dont see an invite button on the indenity tab, but it does say I have users 0/5 invites currently

That’s strange that you can’t see an invite button…

It should look like this.

Have you enabled identity?

Kyle.

Hey there :wave:t2:

Just a note of safety here too — “invite only” is strictly for the email + password users. Enabling Github OAuth will allow anybody with a Github account to use the CMS, which I’m sure is not what you want (e.g. I could go over and use it too). You may need to look into Identity Event-Driven Functions to better control which users can login to your site via OAuth providers.

Jon

1 Like

Something changed here?
Half a year ago i remember there was “Invite” button with registered users under each site.
Now there isn’t one

Hey @emilsgulbis,
You should still be able to access that page by going to Netlify App - if that’s not the case, could you share a screenshot and your Netlify url so we can take a look?

Is this still valid? It seems to conflict with the docs:

When Invite only is selected, all new Identity users, including those logging in with external providers, will need to be invited before they can register for your site.

I also tested it using my personal Github account and confirmed that I could not create an account with CMS access if the email associated with my Github account was not invited via Netlify Identity.

It did prompt me to authorize Netlify to access my Github account, but I assume this was to check the email associated with the account and compare it to the invite list.

Hey @fm-resson,

The post you replied it is over a year old and I won’t be surprised if anything has changed in there. Since you’re seeing the behaviour as explained in the docs, I think that’s the current expected behaviour.