Domain managment: certificate is not a valid pem certificate

My site is drywallmagana.com
i get this error message when writing the codes for my certificate “certificate is not a valid pem certificate” I tried all possible combinations opening the .crt files with text editor but i still get this message, are there ways to identify which of the files represent the PEM cert, private key, and intermediate certs?
I got my cert from namecheap

Hi @Ulrik7000,

Did you happen to stumble across this community post yet?

That is the best information we have on using customer certificates. Take a look and see if that helps!

Thanks,

Elden

1 Like

I’ve followed the instructions on this post, similar to others, but i still cant make my certificates match what netlify needs, is there common mistakes people make when trying to install custom certs?

This is how your certificate should look:

1 Like

thats how mines look like, I got 3 files, pem file, pkcs #7 and a bundle

:wave: @Ulrik7000 something to check for is did you decrypt the private key?

1 Like

Hi Audrey the way I’m obtaining the code is by pasting the document directly to a txt file. Can you tell me which ways can I use to decrypt the private key?

Continuing the discussion from Domain managment: certificate is not a valid pem certificate:

Hi @Ulrik7000

Could you send us the first few characters of each section of your certificate as shown in the article Hrishikesh sent you previously: Certificate is not a valid PEM certificate - #2 by fool. I mean like thisL:

CA Chain:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIFADC[...]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
[...]

Cert PEM file:

MIIF[...]

Private Key:

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
MC[...]
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

Also, could you use the developer tools in your browser to capture the x-nf-request-id-header when you see the error message after submitting your certificate? Here’s how to get it:

Thanks,

Elden

1 Like

Yes thank you elden, this are the first few characters and the x-nf-request-id-header:
CA Chain:

MIIGEzC[...]
MIIFgTC[...]
MIIEMjC[...]

Cert PEM file:

MIIGQDC[...]

Private Key:

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
MIIWQQY[...]
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

x-nf-request-id:

01G8YFE8DKM748WF5NP2FPS548

Namecheap reps facilitated this link for me (CSR Generator) which, while being logged in, enabled me to get the 3 codes netlify needed me to input to install my SSL certificate successfully

1 Like

That is great! Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Now that I fixed this a couple days ago its giving me some troubles when trying to access my website. On my netlify dashboard it says " Your site has HTTPS enabled" but when I try to open my website, it still sends me a privacy error notification

I see at least two problems with your SSL certificate.

First, you got one only for the bare domain. why not www as well? It is ok but if we ever serve www it will not work well.

Second, something is still wrong with the certificate. namecheap should be able to help you address the problems: SSL Server Test: drywallmagana.com (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)