Dns zone error for new domain

I’m having problems setting up several domains, but gamemasterscreen.com is the one I’d like to resolve as soon as possible. When I try adding it as a domain I get the following error:
“A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1” error trying to create DNS zone “gamemasterscreen.com”. I’ve seen a few posts on this problem; this being the most relevant Help with custom domain - "DNS Zone already exists". Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you in advance.

Hi there, sorry to hear you are having some domain woes :frowning: Give this guide a read through, hopefully it will solve your problem. Let us know if it doesn’t.

All my domains are registered through Name.com. I’ll try deleting the dns zone as instructed. Thank you!

Once I delete the dns zone is there a period of time I need to wait for it to propagate? It’s been about 15 minutes and it still does not work.

Hi, @fullermotion, are you still getting the “A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1” error when you try to add the custom domain to Netlify DNS?

If so, the error is that a DNS zone already exists there for this custom domain. I’ve checked and that zone isn’t under our account so we cannot delete it. We also cannot create a DNS zone for the same domain until the existing zone is deleted. It might help to contact NS1 directly to ask them who owns the DNS zone at their service for this custom domain and/or to confirm it was actually deleted.

If you are not getting this error, what happens when you try to add this custom domain? Is there a new error message?