Deployment with hugo fails on bundler

Hi,

my previous used build image was depreciated and the new one is not building my site with hugo anymore. I tried reading the forums, the github issues and documentation but could not fix it.

The problem stems from the fact that I use asciidoc instead of markdown…

Full log : Netlify App

git repo: GitHub - taseroth/blog

Error message:

0:23:39 PM: ERROR 2022/01/15 21:23:39 post/2018-12-practical-wicket/index.adoc: Activating bundler (~> 2.3) failed:
10:23:39 PM: ERROR 2022/01/15 21:23:39 post/2018-12-practical-wicket/index.adoc: Could not find 'bundler' (2.3.5) required by your /opt/build/repo/Gemfile.lock.

If I try to run the build locally via your test images (using the exact same version as report in the logs above) everything just works fine
./test-tools/test-build.sh ~/projects/private/blog/faboo hugo --gc --minify

Any pointers are more then welcome.
Thanx Bert

Hey there @Bert :wave:

Welcome to the Forums! Sorry to hear you are encountering an obstacle.

Looking at your deploy log it looks like you’re using an outdated version of node.js. This is what I have copied from your deploy log:

4:23:13 PM: Downloading and installing node v8.17.0...
4:23:13 PM: Downloading https://nodejs.org/dist/v8.17.0/node-v8.17.0-linux-x64.tar.xz...
4:23:13 PM: Computing checksum with sha256sum
4:23:13 PM: Checksums matched!
4:23:16 PM: Now using node v8.17.0 (npm v6.13.4)

Can you try updating that and see if it solves this issue? You can read more about that here:

1 Like

Thank you so much. It was not the node version that was the problem, but ruby. But at least it pointed me into the right direction.

BTW: I did not even specify a node (or ruby) version for my build/environment but it picked up the default defined somewhere in the netlify environment.

1 Like

Hey @Bert :wave:

So glad to hear you got this working!! :netliconfetti: Thanks for coming back and letting us know. This will definitely be beneficial for future Forums members who encounter something similar!

For anyone else following along on this thread, here is where you can read more about Ruby versions in our Netlify Docs: