Deploy directory does not exist

Hi there,

I took over the repository from a working colleague; Due to an informal change I need to re-deploy the website. The Github-Repository is this one: GitHub - unic/ScalaWebTest: ScalaWebTest is a library for writing ScalaTest/Selenium based integration tests for web applications. It helps you with your basic setup and provides a new and very efficient approach to testing.
The website is reachable here: www.scalawebtest.org

It’s been almost 3 years since the last deployment happened; the mentioned changes are pushed to it’s main branch. The repository also holds a netlify.toml file with the following content:

[build]
  base    = "docs"
  publish = "docs/_site"
  command = "jekyll build"

When I try to deploy it using the Web Interface of Netlify, I get the following error:

1:47:28 PM:   2. Deploy site                                                
1:47:28 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
1:47:28 PM: ​
1:47:28 PM: Section completed: deploying
1:47:28 PM:   Configuration error                                           
1:47:28 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
1:47:28 PM:   Error message
1:47:28 PM:   Deploy did not succeed: Deploy directory 'docs/docs/_site' does not exist
1:47:28 PM:   Resolved config
1:47:28 PM:   build:
1:47:28 PM:     base: /opt/build/repo/docs
1:47:28 PM:     command: jekyll build
1:47:28 PM:     commandOrigin: config
1:47:28 PM:     publish: /opt/build/repo/docs/docs/_site
1:47:28 PM:     publishOrigin: config

I do not know, where the strange deployment directory comes from… The repository holds the webpage under the defined folder structure as shown as in the toml-File. There are also no other build settings in the deployment settings.

Any idea on what is going on - and what I need to change?

Thank you for your support

Hi @scalawebtest, welcome to the Netlify Support Forums and thanks for the post.

Kindly change the content of your netlify.toml file to the content below and then try again to see if it works.

[build]
  base    = "docs"
  publish = "_site"
  command = "jekyll build"

Let me know the outcome.

Thanks.

Hi clarnx,

Thanks a lot, that worked! The deployment went through!

1 Like

yay @scalawebtest thanks so much for sharing that Clarence’s solution helped you!

1 Like