Custom_domain is owned by another account (event it is not)

I would like to connect docs.usedapp.io domain to usedapp-docs.netlify.app site.

However when I try to add a domain I “get custom_domain is owned by another account” error.

We use both usedapp.io and example.usedapp.io with the same team (TrueFi Engineering).

Let me know how we can fix it.

Thank you,
Marek

Hi, @tt-marek. This is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Hi @luke,

Thanks for swift response.
I don’t think we are using this domain with other accounts.
We did migrate the the site from other team recently, perhaps that is the reason.
I verified domain, just in case.

Please advise.

Hey there, @tt-marek :wave:

Thanks so much for following up! When I run docs.usedapp.io in this DNS checker, it appears that your records may not be set up correctly.

Can you review this guide and confirm that you have established your DNS records correctly:

Thanks for your patience here!