Credentials Not Being Added to Fetch within Netlify Function

Wondering how to properly add credentials to a fetch call in a Netlify Function. Everything works great if I use axios, but fetch for some reason keeps giving me “Unauthorized” from my local dev server, and I can’t figure out the right combination of keys to send.

To be clear, I’m using httponly cookie to authorize, and axios adds easily with credentials: true, but I’m interested in getting it to work with fetch.

So far I’m trying this:

const response = await fetch(url, {
        headers: { Accept: 'application/json' },
        credentials: 'include',
      })

and it doesn’t work. Tried cross-site, that doesn’t work. Tried adding code: 'cors' and that didn’t work.

This is for a SPA running on a separate sub-domain from backend API server (both have the same domain origin).

If I can’t get a good answer here, what would be the issue with going back to axios? Only asking because it seems like the default Netlify Functions use fetch and wondering why?

Hi, there is no issue with using Axios and Netlify Functions doesn’t dictate what packages you should use so if Axios works for you, feel free to use it. If you are referring to documentation, those are just examples of how to accomplish certain things.