Cisco Security Umbrella reporting site as malware

Hi. We have a client using the Cisco Security Umbrella that is reporting the site points to a malware domain or is hosting malware. Since we are definitely not hosting malware, I’m trying to figure out what we can do to fix or what is causing it.

Site is: fervent-dijkstra-16e513
Custom domain: app.archerhealth.com

The tracert shows the site loads, and then makes a hop to hit-malware.opendns.com where it’s stopped by Cisco and the security error is shown.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! I’d suggest your client have their network admin reconfigure things so this won’t happen; we can’t really provide tech support on a 3rd party product, and since this is an arbitrary decision by that software to block your site, I’m sure the vendor or network admin will be able to help unblock you.

If you find that Cisco or the network admin for some reason needs some information from us, don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll provide what we can! But, we aren’t going to contact them for you unless they are blocking our entire CDN or something.

Oh, definitely - I mainly wanted a sanity check that it’s something Cisco is doing arbitrarily based on configuration. I’ve checked the site for all malware on several checkers like Google Security Check, etc., and it all comes back with a clean report.

Thanks!