Change DNS records

Hi, I’m changing the e-mail provider for my site, which I manage through Gandi.net, and I just found out that the nameservers are provided by NS1, and that this is the place to get support to change MX, SPF and DKIM records. I have absolutely no idea about IT, but I know what ZOHO told me those records should be. Anyone could tell me in an easy point by point how to get to the place where I can change those settings? The email accounts of my sit will not be working as of today, otherwise…

Thank you!

Alex Gibert

Hi Alex, :wave:t6: welcome to the community! To update DNS records in Netlify, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the Domains tab for your team.
  2. Select the domain you want to edit.
  3. At the bottom of the DNS records panel, select Add new record.
  4. Choose the type of record to create from the menu and fill in the remaining options. The fields you need to fill out will depend on the type of record you select.
  5. Select Save to create the record and make the changes live.

Please note that it may take up to a few hours for record changes to propagate. You can host records for other services, such as your mail provider or your backend API, with us as long as you host at least one website with us that uses the domain.

For more details, you can refer to the Netlify documentation.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your help.

I don’t seem to be able to get to point 1. I’m trying to enter through GitLab (where I have an account) but this is the response I get:

The usual solution for this issue is the following steps.

1. Login to Netlify using the email address and password only.

2. Once logged into Netlify with the email address and password, then change the GitLab account associated with this email address here: https://app.netlify.com/user/settings#connected-accounts

3. Log out of Netlify.

Once this is done, you should be able to log into Netlify using GitLab or the email address. Both methods of login should work now. If they do not or if there are any other questions, please let us know.