Can't get Mapbox to work

Hi,

Start off: I don’t know much about coding. I am trying to use the Codec platform to visualise some locations in Netlify (link)

One of the pre-built environments is a Mapbox. I’ve added my access token, however the Mapbox just shows up as a black/blank square. When I check the deploy log I see this:

7:07:27 PM: Different functions path detected, going to use the one specified in the Netlify configuration file: ‘functions’ versus ‘./functions npm uninstall node-pre-gyp --save npm install @mapbox/node-pre-gyp --save’ in the Netlify UI

7:07:58 PM: npm WARN deprecated node-pre-gyp@0.13.0: Please upgrade to @mapbox/node-pre-gyp: the non-scoped node-pre-gyp package is deprecated and only the @mapbox scoped package will recieve updates in the future

What is going wrong?

Link to website: https://thisisatestsitefornow.netlify.app/

Let me know what other info I need to share.

Thank you!

Try running the commands outlined in the error message:

npm uninstall node-pre-gyp --save 
npm install @mapbox/node-pre-gyp --save

Okay will do, do I run it in Builds or where to I paste the commands?

Thank you so much.

Locally, on your own computer. You’ll have to pull in your repository through git, and use npm in the command line to run the commands. This npm guide might be useful:

There’s a troubleshooting guide in the codec platform repo, make sure to check that out as well:

Thanks for the useful guide. Okay, so I ran those commands and it still doesnt seem to work. I get the same message as above:

7:05:16 PM: npm WARN deprecated node-pre-gyp@0.13.0: Please upgrade to @mapbox/node-pre-gyp: the non-scoped node-pre-gyp package is deprecated and only the @mapbox scoped package will recieve updates in the future

hi there, can you post or link us to the full failing build log? that line you quoted is just a warning, so shouldn’t actually stop the build, but we will be able to say more if we see the full build log.