Can I use Netlify functions if I deploy using Gatsby Cloud?

My site uses Gatsby Cloud to build/deploy, mostly because so far it’s been much faster (6 to 10 minutes are opposed to 13 to 18 minutes on official website Netlify).

But I want to use Netlify for hosting, because I want to use Lambda functions to enrich the data my site shows from external APIs. But it’s telling me under the deploy settings that I have to enable Continuous Development to be able to use the functions.

So my question : is it possible to use Netlify functions while using Gatsby Cloud for deployments ?

Alternative question would be : is it possible I’m thinking about this the wrong way/overcomplicating it ?

Thank you !

Hey there, @Erin226 :wave:

Welcome to the Netlify Forums :netliconfetti:

Apologies to be slow to respond here-- it looks like your thread has been quiet for a few days. Have you seen this documentation on the Gatsby site: https://support.gatsbyjs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054529274-Deploying-Netlify-Functions-from-Gatsby-Cloud#:~:text=Under%20the%20hood%2C%20Gatsby%20Cloud,build%20functions%20that%20require%20dependencies? Let me know if this helps!

Hey Hillary,

does this work with Netlify DEV as well? So can I make the ENV variables from my Netlify account available locally when using Gatsby Cloud in my build process?

Hi @janoschsworkspace,

I am not seeing the co-relation of Netlify Dev here. Could you elaborate on what exactly your workflow is?