Build succeeds, but deploy on a large site never finishes

For the past 24 hours, deploys haven’t succeeded. We’re updating the global template so I expected a longer deploy, but 4 attempts to deploy have not finished.

The site:

The Problem:

• Last 4 attempts to deploy have not finished. Last attempt I tried clearing cache and deploy, that has been running for 12+ hours.

I know larger sites can take longer to build/deploy. Deploy times are usually 1 to 1.5 hours. Is there something we can do on our end to help this along? We’re gonna have other site-wide updates in the near future.

Here are the last lines of the log:

6:34:04 PM: (Deploy site completed in 11.7s)
6:34:04 PM: ​
6:34:04 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
6:34:04 PM:   Netlify Build Complete                                        
6:34:04 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
6:34:04 PM: ​
6:34:04 PM: (Netlify Build completed in 1m 10.9s)
6:34:04 PM: Caching artifacts
6:34:04 PM: Started saving ruby gems
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving ruby gems
6:34:04 PM: Started saving node modules
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving node modules
6:34:04 PM: Started saving build plugins
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving build plugins
6:34:04 PM: Started saving pip cache
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving pip cache
6:34:04 PM: Started saving emacs cask dependencies
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving emacs cask dependencies
6:34:04 PM: Started saving maven dependencies
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving maven dependencies
6:34:04 PM: Started saving boot dependencies
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving boot dependencies
6:34:04 PM: Started saving rust rustup cache
6:34:04 PM: Finished saving rust rustup cache
6:34:04 PM: Started saving go dependencies
6:34:06 PM: Finished saving go dependencies
6:34:10 PM: Cached ruby version 3.0.2
6:34:10 PM: Build script success
6:34:13 PM: Starting post processing
6:34:13 PM: Post processing - HTML
6:34:54 PM: Finished processing build request in 4m16.724447147s

I am seeing a similar issue. Builds are timing out when previously they would take about 10 minutes. Now timing out at 60 minutes.

Hi, I also have problems deploying large sites. It seems to timeout. No errors, no logs.
lignesdhistoires.netlify.app
It’s size is > 3 Go
Do you have a hint ?
Regards,

hey there antm, looks like we talked to you in the helpdesk and gave you some more information.

@ModernCities - i am about to respond on your other thread with an idea that might help~

@egave - can you link me to your most recent failing deploy please? i have special powers can read your build log and may be able to advise.

Hi @perry, thanks for your help. Here is the link for my latest deploy, still “uploading” since yesterday : Netlify App
Regards

hi egave, is this still happening? the fix i would suggest is likely the same - remove as much logging as possible. is this something you can try?

Hi @perry, I tried again disabling Form detection to speed up the deploy. But it still hangs and kepp in “loading” status. You asked me to “remove as much logging as possible”. Can you please tell me how to remove them ?

hey there @egave, have their been any improvements since you last posted? with regards to removing logging - it really is dependent on your setup more than anything. can you link or post your most recent deploy log if this is still a problem?