Build failure using next-on-netlify? Timeout... too long a build?

Sitename: affectionate-thompson-b243df

Build log: Netlify App

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

hey there,

so it does indeed seem like your build is taking too long (our standard build timeout is 15 mins)

1:23:49 PM: (@netlify/plugin-functions-core onPostBuild completed in 15m 29.5s)
1:23:49 PM: ​
1:23:49 PM: β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
1:23:49 PM: β”‚   Netlify Build Complete    β”‚
1:23:49 PM: β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
1:23:49 PM: ​
1:23:49 PM: (Netlify Build completed in 18m 35.5s)
1:23:50 PM: Execution timed out after 19m53.906439989s
1:23:50 PM: Error running command: Command did not finish within the time limit
1:23:50 PM: Failing build: Failed to build site
1:23:50 PM: Failed during stage 'building site': Command did not finish within the time limit
1:23:50 PM: Finished processing build request in 19m59.147610807s

I did notice that you are doing a TON of logging - your build log is very long.

I would say that anything you can do to shorten it might give you a noticeable improvement in build time that might be the path to success.

maybe some useful info in here:

Hi Perry,

Thanks for your answer. I have now removed the logging and retrying the build(s).

Regards,

image001.png

Perry, I have reduced the logs to bare minimum now but still timeouts?

Build Log β†’ Netlify App

Running the netlify cli build command locally, the build completes successfully.

we can definitely extend your build timeout to 30min if you think that would help! Only thing required for this is for us to verify you have a credit card on file with us, so that we can automatically bill you should you incur build minute overages.

sound ok? if yes, just let me know when you have added a card and I will pull a lever and extend the timeout.

Thanks perry for coming back. Timeout has been extended by Support already. And did fix the build in the end.

1 Like