Assistance with deploying a vuejs app

Hi. I have been trying to deploy my vue js application with no success.

Here is my repo

Howdy! Could you start by reading and following the suggestions in this article? In case it doesn’t help you solve the problem, we’d love to hear the answer to the last 3 questions in it to help us start debugging.

Thanks @fool … I will read the article and get back to you

So … I gave it another shot but it did not work …
First I cloned the project into a new folder and realized I had added the node_modules folder to git-ignore … so I removed it and committed again to the repository … I made a fresh clone and the project was building locally … but it was not deploying … I changed the environment variables since my version of npm and node is different … but still it wont work
… here is the link
Netlify AppScreenshot 2020-08-11 at 20.20.13|690x151

node modules should indeed be in .gitignore - we use package.json or yarn.lock to install them for you, so please DO NOT commit them to git!

Anyhow, this error is pretty specific to your code rather than our system:

1:06:05 PM: Entrypoint main = main.10b7b1440b40b14b4d14.js
1:06:05 PM: [./src/main.js] 117 bytes {main} [built] [failed] [1 error]
1:06:05 PM:     + 1 hidden module
1:06:05 PM: ERROR in ./src/main.js
1:06:05 PM: Module build failed: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/build/repo/src/main.js'
1:06:05 PM:  @ multi ./src/main.js main[0]
1:06:05 PM: ERROR in   Error: Child compilation failed:
1:06:05 PM:   Module build failed (from ./node_modules/html-webpack-plugin/lib/loader.js):
1:06:05 PM:   Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/build/repo/index.html':
1:06:05 PM:   Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/build/repo/index.html'

I think that removing node_modules from git and letting us do our automatic installs is the right first step to resolving this, so please link me to a build where you did that and I’ll take another look.

Hi … thanks for the information. I have removed node modules and tried to deploy again. Here is the link.

I appreciate the assistance offered.

So the real error you are getting is this one:

9:13:30 AM: Build exceeded maximum allowed runtime

Looking at your code, you seem to run a server process:

This will cause our builds to always fail. Please ensure that you run a command that exits completely on your local computer, without you hitting control-c or otherwise manually stopping it :slight_smile: Usually you’ll want something like webpack --bail rather than webpack --watch.

Thank you … let me change and retry