Home
Support Forums

API response issues, something to do with proxy maybe?

Users are having an issue with network requests sometimes not returning anything until they clear their cache or browser data.
I have finally re-created it and looked at the network request, and the only differences I see are that the NON-working response headers include x-bb-proxy: https://tta-2020.herokuapp.com/[whatevertherouteis], along with an x-bb-proxy-version
Also the date is multiple days old in the non-working browser, and in the working browser the date of the response is pretty much exactly when i refreshed the page.
Also the working responses have a “via: 1.1 vegur” property.

It leads me to believe it’s something to do with the proxying Netlify is doing with my _redirect routes maybe, or something else causing it to not actually get new data, and somehow the old data is empty?
Here’s an image:

It only happens sometimes though and I can’t seem to find the cause. I turned off caching on my express server just to make sure.

Hi, @andrewinge. Has the issue continued since you removed the caching for the express server?

Luke, yes it has. I thought it was going to fix it, but once I realized it didn’t, I came here.

Hi, @andrewinge. I see you have created a support ticket for this. I have replied to that ticket now.

If there are further questions, please reply to either the ticket or here, whichever you prefer.