Adding Youtube videos and new Section to Downloaded Netlify site

Adding Youtube videos and new Section for Downloaded Netlify site

Hello everyone. i downloaded a netlify website to update its content.

I already updated some section. But I’m having a problem on how to add section.

Problem:

1. I want to put an iframe for youtube video so that it will play through my site. but i cant do it since i’m editing on page-data json file. do you have any suggestions how can i make it? tried to edit the html page but no avail.
  2. I want to add a content or add section but i’m confused if do i need to edit it in the page-data json file? or in html? tried to edit the html but no avail. Thanks

Hoping you will help me. Thanks

Hi @srhjntrjn :wave:t6:

Welcome to the forums and thanks so much for reaching out.How did you try to edit the HTML file?

I found this code online you can try:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/[ VIDEO ID HERE]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can edit/add a new section you should be able to just edit the corresponding HTML file or page-data.json file.

How a site is edited depends on how it has been constructed.

For example, I’m not even sure what you mean by page-data json file.

I’d imagine it means the site is built with a system that consumes .json files as input for producing output, but “how that’s achieved” and “what the json files can impact” would depend on the implementation.

Are you able to supply some source code?

It’s effectively impossible for someone to accurately direct you without any visibility.