Adding Netlify on an existant server

Hello! I have a question about putting netlify on a server with the Netlify CLI, so the server can run the netlify version of the website with the admin panel etc.

If I do this, does the Netlify rebuild function uses our server or netlify ones?
And so on, are the Bandwidth and the Build minutes used not limited anymore?

Thank’s for your help.

Hi, I’m not sure I understand you. You cannot replace Netlify’s hosting by running the CLI tool on a server.

So these questions don’t make sense:

If I do this, does the Netlify rebuild function uses our server or netlify ones?
And so on, are the Bandwidth and the Build minutes used not limited anymore?

The answer is you cannot do that in the first place. It won’t work so the questions about “what if I do” cannot be answered.

If I’m misunderstanding your question, please do correct me.

1 Like

I’m gonna reformulate with more details:

I did a website with the netlify tool with an admin page and where you can modify, create, delete blog posts.
The problem I have is that the website is hosted by netlify, whereas I already have a server.
So my question is:

Is it possible to put the netlify tool on my own hosted server, with the admin page, and if it’s possible to do this, are the limited things not limited anymore?

Thank’s for your answers.

You can definitely host an instance of Netlify CMS on your own server, but you’ll have to take care of the authentication process yourself. Here’s a pretty elaborate guide:

2 Likes