I have a branch deploy configured just for this one branch
netlify-staging (creative, I know). Now since this is a marketing site, I’m dead scared of being penalized by duplicated content from the production site. So I added this section to my netlify.toml
[context.netlify-staging] [[headers]] for = "/*" [headers.values] X-Robots-Tag = "noindex"
But what ended happening is that the X-Robot-Tag header was added to the production deployment too, which meant that we got unindexed from Google ( ).
I would like to know where’s my mistake was or if what I wanted is not even possible at all.
Please and thank you.