A Function works on local, but not when deployed

Hello,

I am having trouble with my deployed personal project: https://quirky-swirles-9080c2.netlify.app. It is a sorting-visualizer project.
The issue is: mergesort is currently breaking the web app while 4 other algorithms are working as intended.

I have tried and would like to debug this on my end, but I am not experiencing the same problem when it’s run on localhost using yarn start, as presented above.
Upon clicking a new array button after the bug, the site logs TypeError: Cannot read property 'interpolate' of undefined. So I suspect it has something to do with mergeSwap function on line 14 of src/components/Chart/index.jsx, but I could be wrong about that one since I am just a novice coder.

Git repo is:GitHub - jlee0425/Sorting-Visualizer.

Please let me know if you need more information that I can provide.

Best,
Jake.

Hello @jlee0425, welcome to the community!

Based on the deploy logs, the deploy seem to have succeeded. I think the issue may be a matter of specific versions of the packages you are using or something in your code when it is built (npm run build) vs just running the dev server (npm start).

I recommend starting with setting the NODE_VERSION env var to the exact same version you are using locally. You can go here: Build environment variables | Netlify Docs on how to do that.