404 page not found on form submit

Hello,

I’ve been struggling for several hours to get my Netlify form to work correctly. When I submit it, I get a 404 ‘page not found’ error. It’s a simple HTML site made with Eleventy SSG. I’ve gone through the documentation and followed all the steps in this guide as well:

Can you help point me in the direction of what I’m doing wrong?

My site is: Kontakt mig hvis vi skal samarbejde | Webstra

My form:

<!--Form-->
            <form name="kontakt" method="post" netlify class="cs-form" id="cs-form-718-721">
                <label class="cs-label">
                    Navn
                    <input class="cs-input" required type="text" id="name-718-721" name="navn" placeholder="Navn">
                </label>
                <label class="cs-label cs-email">
                    Mail
                    <input class="cs-input" required type="text" id="email-718-721" name="email" placeholder="Mail">
                </label>
                <label class="cs-label cs-phone">
                    Telefon
                    <input class="cs-input" required type="text" id="phone-718-721" name="phone" placeholder="Telefon">
                </label>
                <label class="cs-label">
                    Besked
                    <textarea class="cs-input cs-textarea" required name="besked" id="message-718-721"
                        placeholder="Din besked..."></textarea>
                </label>
                <button class="cs-button-solid cs-submit" type="submit">Send besked</button>
            </form>

@alnstrange Have you confirmed that Netlify has detected/processed the form?

The documentation indicates:

When Netlify parses the static HTML for a form you’ve added, the build system automatically strips the data-netlify="true" or netlify attribute from the <form> tag and injects a hidden input named form-name .

But the form on the site still has netlify and doesn’t have the form-name input:

Hello @nathanmartin!

Yes, Netlify detects my form and it shows in the UI, but when I hit “submit” on the form it returns a 404 page.

Hi @alnstrange,

Thanks for reaching out!

I just tested the form and see that it was successful. The form submits to the Thank you page and I see the form is received here. You were able to resolve the issue?

Hi @Melvin!

I managed to resolve the issue by disabling Automatic Form Detection and enabling it again.

Thanks.