24h chart not updating?

Hi Perry,

yes this is correct. It seems to be okay right now. I have been noticing that one metric has been occasionally lacking behind the other (pageviews showing up to 3 pm, while unique visitors show numbers up to 5 pm).

Interesting! I’ll ask the team if that is expected and let you know what I find out.

not expected, so I’ve filed a bug. If you notice it again, could you please give us a screenshot of that desync, and let us know what timezone your browser is in? I think your description was pretty clear but if we know exactly when the problem was seen it will help us narrow down causes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Screenshot taken at 1:13 pm PDT

As of 2:23 pm PDT, the chart is still not properly updating. As I have sign-ups for the site, I know for a fact that there have been unique visitors over the past few hours.

Some data came in, but it’s still behind and out of sync…

At 9:08 pm PDT

Thanks, that’ll be useful when we get around to digging in. For now, I do not think the data is wrong, once it has time to be completely ingested (after 24 hours), so I cannot promise a fix anytime soon.

Got it. For me, that’s a big limitation, especially since I can not see that 24h view on previous days.

Here’s a final screenshot.

Hope to see some product update emails in the future and will look for alternatives in the meantime.

1 Like

I understand that you’re not guaranteeing your service, but this is getting ridiculous. It’s not a “fix” that you’re looking for, it’s the whole analytics product that you are charging for that is not working.

Final set of screenshots. How is this data accurate? The aggregate says one thing (which is also wrong based on my server logs) and the graphs (non existing) state another.

Hi there, thanks for adding this additional information.

We are seeing increased error reports on analytics and I completely understand this is a frustrating experience for ya.

We are collecting these individual reports on various threads and we’ll have a chance to talk to the analytics team tomorrow about this issue. I know that you are (rightly) annoyed and feeling a little impatient - after all, you want the product to work as expected. We never want you to have this kind of experience.

But because analytics effects thousands and thousands (and thousands, probably) of paying customers, we do need to do the due diligence and talk to the right people and find a solution to this problem for everyone.

We feel sure that we are NOT losing any data, and that this is just an issue with how the data is being displayed. I ask that you give us just a little more time to investigate, and we will get back to you with honesty & accountability when we have more info.

thank you again for your patience, and we are trying our best, promise!

if anyone else has issues with analytics and is seeing this thread, please do respond here and tell us your netlify site name (not the custom domain) so we can look into it.

Many thanks.

I have this issue with the sites fabsh and privatecitizen.

I am also having issues with analytics on my site srwild. It stopped showing anything after May 26. Same day as the start of a new billing cycle.

Thank you kindly.

Hi there. stoneycreek.netlify.app has no analytics info when I filter for the last 24 hours. The service was running great on the 24-25th when we cutover and I was watching it more closely.

I have an issue with jareddillard being stuck in backfill. I just bought Analytics the other day for the first time and it never worked (looks like I signed up at the wrong time).

gibberishly.netlify.app

no info whatsoever

Same here sitename “jacepro”

Hi everyone, we have posted a notice here:

with some more information.

I am going to close this thread as there are multiples to keep the conversation focused in one place, but if you have questions or more information, please pop it on that thread so we can keep talking. Thanks.